1. All the fellow travellers we saw were either backpackers or tours with seniors. No one seems to travel Vietnam with kids - or then we were off the path.
2. There is construction everywhere. Especially Sapa and Danang were full full full of cranes. More big hotels going up.
3. The Socialist Republic of Vietnam has a goal to become a developed nation by 2020. I am not sure how they measure it though.
4. You will never run out of toothbrushes in Vietnam. The hotels provide you a new one every day.
5. We noticed how poor our historical knowledge of Vietnam was. The Vietnam War was between North and South Vietnam. The USA backed the South, and they lost.
6. Vietnam was occupied by the Japanese in the 1940s for about five years. It used to be called Indochina.
7. Shopping for things like silk and textiles is amazing. Too bad we can't carry anything.
8. Vietnam is not an intuitive destination for vegetarians.
9. There is a lot of tourism from China.
10. Vietnamese beds can be hard.