1. It is crazy dense. Hong Kong has a smaller area than the City of Burnaby, but over seven million people.
2. Most Hong Kong residents do not drive. The streets are narrow, transit is decent and a parking space can cost more than the cost of a new Ferrari (for those who think in Ferraris).
3. It is not quite as expensive as we thought it might be. But housing is the costly bit for locals for sure.
4. They drive on the left side. Watch out when crossing the street!
5. If you want a cold drink, there is an extra charge for ice. Makes no sense to me - you get less drink but have to pay more???
6. Ferries can be faster than ground transit. By a lot.
7. English is meant to be the other official language but...
8. Taxis can refuse a trip for any reason. You may have five pass you before getting anywhere. You have been warned.
9. We had a couple of really great meals in HK - thanks to Marina.
10. HKIA is rad. We went to the airport early, saw a bit of live Chinese Opera, and got into the mood for Thailand by eating a Thai dinner before flying out.