1. There are lots of really nice Brazilian made clothes and shoes. Yay!
2. I had the the best wax ever in Rio. They just do it differently (and it was not a 'Brazilian').
3. New fruit we tasted: cashew apple, acerola cherries. Both are great when juiced too.
4. Rio is not a great city to swim in - the sea can be wavy and polluted and there are no public pools.
5. There are about 200 million people in Brazil. One half of the wealth of the entire country is in the hands of 1000 people. Yikes. (Personally, I think Nestle owns the other half - as about half of all the items in supermarkets are by Nestle. Whoa.)
6. If it rains, it rains a lot. The streets turn to rivers and most people just wait it out.
7. Almost no one speaks English.
8. Brazil has more species of animals than any other country on earth.
9. People really like their pets - there is a vet at almost every block.
10. The Carnaval takes place in the middle of the night.