- Having studied Russian at school really helps understand a bit of Czech!
- Prague is very beautiful.
- Transit is very inexpensive, an annual pass costs 4,750 CZK which is about $265 CDN.
- The old town is almost completely a pedestrian area. This is very nice.
- There seems to be a fair bit of 'adult' entertainment. Also a lot of dark history.
- We found an awesome equestrian store. It had three floors! We spent at least an hour there on a rainy day looking at all kinds of cool stuff and bought a pair of pants for Lili. Dance and Jump!
- Thanks to Airbnb we made a new friend in our host, who is also women's rights activist. Yay! I will definitely keep in touch with her and her friends.
- The Czechiest (is that a word?) souvenirs are enamel, and clock things.
- Lili says: People are happy. And lots of people have dogs. We did not see many Czech children though.
- The Vaclav Havel Airport has the best ever airport scale model - made entirely out of Legos! Happy kids can push the buttons to make the planes and cars move while adults wait in line to check in. Very well done.
Tonight we went out for a tram ride in the evening. It is very easy to get around here, and much of the old town is a pedestrian area. Great for warm summer nights!
We are in Prague. It is so beautiful here. Lili said today 'Mommy are you sure we did not take the wrong plane and fly to Paris instead?'
There are many similarities indeed, with lovely buildings, a river through the city, many bridges and even a small Eiffel Tower!
I will add to this post with more pictures as they become available.